On March 2nd, we’re marching on Annapolis with one clear demand: ban fracking now. Join hundreds of Marylanders from across the state to show legislators just how powerful our movement is. We’ll march through Annapolis and around the State House, then have a massive rally in Lawyers Mall. Click here to RSVP on Facebook.
Schedule for the day
- 11:00am: Western Maryland lobby day starts in the Senate Building (11 Bladen Street)
- 12:30pm: gather for march at Asbury United Methodist Church (87 West Street)
- 1:00pm: march departs from church (half-mile walk to Lawyers Mall)
- 1:30pm: rally begins at Lawyers Mall (100 State Circle)
- 2:30pm: rally ends at Lawyers Mall
- 3:00pm: buses depart from College Ave
- Accessibility: If you would like to join the rally, but can’t make the 1/2 mile march to the State House, go straight to Lawyers Mall. Volunteers will be there starting at 12:30pm.
- Parking: Click here to see a map of garages and lots. Gotts Court and Knighton garages are closest to the start of the march. Parking is also available at the Navy Memorial stadium, with a $2 shuttle to take you Church Circle. From there it is a short walk to the start of the march.
- What to bring, and what not to bring: Bring water, snacks, and appropriate clothing and footwear for the weather. We will be outside for 2+ hours. Hand-held signs and banners are great, but not allowed in State buildings. No sticks, rods, wooden, metal, or plastic poles are allowed in the march or rally. This is an Annapolis Police rule and a contingency of our permitted events.
Questions? Contact Thomas Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get on the bus to Annapolis! Click the links below to reserve your seat on the bus nearest you.
- Garrett County bus (departs Oakland at 6:00am)
- Allegany County bus (departs LaVale at 7:00am)
- Frederick County bus (departs Frederick at 9:00am)
- Baltimore City bus (departs Baltimore at 11:00am)
- Montgomery County bus (departs Takoma Park at 11:30am)
- Prince George’s County bus (departs College Park at 11:30am)
If there isn’t a bus from your area and you’re interested in carpooling, fill out this form.
The March on Annapolis is being planned and supported by these coalition partners.